Please recommend some good places to visit in ChristChurch?
- Botanic Gardens.
- Avon River. Natural Feature.
- The TranzAlpine Train. Train Station.
- Port Hills. Natural Feature, Hiking Trail
- Hagley Park.
- Bridge of Remembrance
- Awaroa/Godley Head.
- Victoria Clock Tower.
The whole city is worth watching and let me know when you are here … If you are in the city then start with the Botanic garden as Christchurch is famous for gardens and is also named as Garden City. The few others are within the city:
- Tram ride (which takes you through the city center)
- Art Gallery
- Avon river (take a boat ride from the Antigua boat shed)
- City center library (it’s amazing and has pretty cool stuff)
If you can drive around the city then have a quick look around the eastern suburbs and the beach walk at Sumner. If you are heading for Sumner, then don’t forget to visit Taylor’s mistake. The Gondola is around the same area so you can plan all three things on the same day.
Around North, there are few places near to the airport including Willow-bank Wildlife Reserve and International Antarctic Center. You can try a Helicopter tour from the airport business park if you have wee bit of extra cash.
In South, there are few treks around Query park in Halswell and a miniature train at the Halswell domain (run every Sunday).
And do not miss the Christchurch Adventure Park at Port Hills…