#Immigration #Update 14th December 2020
The New Employer-assisted #Workvisa category will be introduced after #mid-2021, and will replace the below six work-visa categories:
• Essential Skills Work Visa
• Essential Skills Work Visa — approved in principle
• Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
• Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
• Silver Fern Job Search Visa (closed 7 October 2019)
• Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa
We were all expecting an update before the end of 2020, on the announcement made by #INZ in September 2019 about closing many work visa categories and introducing an Employer-assisted work visa category!
Finally, today, #INZ confirmed and acknowledged the delay in providing clarity (as a result of COVID-19) on changes and assured, the changes will be only effective after #Mid-2021!
The new #work visa will be applied via a new online application platform, and will involve the below 3 steps:
- #Employer check, where all employers will be required to meet an accreditation level based on how many visa holders they support.
- #Job check, where we will check the conditions of the job and any labour market test requirements are met.
#Migrant worker check, where the migrant worker applies for the visa once a job is approved.