For New Zealand especially, what is the difference between residence and permanent residence?

Residence is a type of visa which allows you to live and work in New Zealand permanently. However, when you first get residence your visa comes with 2 years of travel conditions. Travel conditions are what allow you to come and go freely in and out of New Zealand. When those travel conditions expire, to be able to get indefinite travel conditions, you need to apply for what’s called Permanent Residence. To qualify, you must have shown sufficient commitment to New Zealand in the two years before applying. There are 5 “commitments” but the easiest to remember and most commonly met is spending 184+ days in NZ in each year before you apply.

If you need Expert Immigration Advice, you have landed in the right place.

The Undersigned is a Licensed Immigration Adviser of New Zealand, licensed by the Immigration Advisers Authority New Zealand Government. I am currently the only one in Pakistan.

For a better case understanding, I will encourage you to fill out the form available below for a better case understanding:

Once you have filled the form, I would be giving you a time slot for a ONE TO ONE MEETING ONLINE to discuss your case with you in detail for a better case understanding. At the end, we would be able to advise you options out of New Zealand Skilled, Australia Skilled, Canada Skilled, and Student Visa Options which may lead to Work Visa options leading to Residency of respective countries.

You can contact me on my email address:


IAA License No. 201600209

[email protected]

Contact No: 0092-3335213265