Can I get a work visa without a job?

In some cases it is possible to get a work visa without a job. New Zealand has Working Visa Holiday schemes for 40 different nationalities, mostly for the 18-30 age group (some extend to 35). There used to be a Silver Fern Job Search visa for those aged 20-35 with either a recognised trades qualification or a Bachelors Degree or higher plus IELTS 6.5. Otherwise, the only work visas that do not require a job offer are for partners of New Zealand citizens, residents and some student and work visa holders. If you are prepared to come to New Zealand as an international student for a course of 2 years’ academic duration of level 7+, your reward will be at least One Year pen work visa on graduating. Many international students, if strategic about the course they study, are able to forge a pathway to residence through international studies and the post-study work visa options on offer.

If you have studied towards a Level 7 Bachelor’s degree qualification or higher and you studied that qualification for at least 30 weeks in New Zealand, you will get a Three-years open post-study work visa.

If you have studied towards a Level 7 Graduate Diploma and you studied that qualification for at least 30 weeks in New Zealand, you will get One-year open post-study work visa, if you study in Auckland, and one additional year if you are working towards registration with a professional or trade body.

In the above case, you will get Two-year open post-study work visa, if you study outside Auckland (excluding distance learning)*

If you need Expert Immigration Advice, you have landed in the right place.

The Undersigned is a Licensed Immigration Adviser of New Zealand, licensed by the Immigration Advisers Authority New Zealand Government. I am currently the only one in Pakistan.

For a better case understanding, I will encourage you to fill out the form available below for a better case understanding:

Once you have filled the form, I would be giving you a time slot for a ONE TO ONE MEETING ONLINE to discuss your case with you in detail for a better case understanding. At the end, we would be able to advise you options out of New Zealand Skilled, Australia Skilled, Canada Skilled, and Student Visa Options which may lead to Work Visa options leading to Residency of respective countries.

You can contact me on my email address:

ALI AYAZ

IAA License No. 201600209

[email protected]

Contact No: 0092-3335213265