Can I apply for work permit Visa if my spouse gets graduate student visa

Asking on behalf of a friend
My spouse wants to study graduate diploma Level 7 in NZ. Once she get her study Visa Can I apply for work permit Visa or shall I wait for complete her study to apply work permit visa. Please clarify?

Hi, thanks for writing. Depends on what course she is intending to study. Pls connect with immigration advisor who will look into her background and suggest the best option so you can travel with your spouse on a work permit and start working from the day you land in New Zealand. This will depend on a lot of factors which we can always look into and come up with the best suggestion. We will also be able to provide you both with the onshore support even after you land here in New Zealand.