Can a US registered nurse work in New Zealand?

So, I know nurses are in demand right now, but idea ideas if they would hire someone from the US that has been not working as an RN for the past 7 years? Just curious…:hugs:

I’d recommend check out www.accent.net.nz - ACCENT are experienced medical recruiters and based in New Zealand.
https://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/NCNZ/nursing-section/Register_as_a_nurse.aspx

The nz n nursing council will require you to be actively practising for at least two years in the last 5 years.
“e. two years’ post-registration nursing practice as a registered nurse with at least 2,500 hours within the five years immediately preceding the date of the application”
I know nurses who couldn’t get registration because they stop practising >5 years.

New Zealand offers unique opportunities for registered nurses to practice in a diverse range of nursing practice areas, in a variety of settings.

You can also work as a nurse manager, in nurse education, as a nurse researcher or as a nurse practitioner.

International nurses

Kiwi Health Jobs is currently advertising for experienced international nurses who are keen to work in New Zealand.

The webpage includes current job opportunities and a short video aimed at international nurses, featuring interviews with a number of people working in the New Zealand health sector, including registered nurses.

The page also has links to other information including real estate in New Zealand, education in New Zealand, and the climate here.